Welcome back to Education Insanity, a weekly column updating you on the most insane events taking place in our nation’s schools. Here we’ll delve into the growing presence of critical race theory, the ideology that claims that America is irredeemably rooted in racism, and “woke” culture.
Let’s get started.
10. College Forces Students To Pay Fifty Dollars For Not Wearing Masks – The Daily Caller
Students at St. Joseph’s College in Standish, Maine, are being fined $50 if they fail to wear a face mask on the campus. The college has issued more than 20 tickets to students who have violated the school’s mask mandate.
9. Black Student Identified As Vandal In Spate Of Racist Graffiti At Michigan College – The College Fix
A black student at Albion College in Michigan was identified as the racist graffiti artist that rocked the school. MLive reported that the Albion police got a 21-year-old black male to admit that he created the graffiti, though he was caught on camera.
8. Brown University Infused Diversity And Inclusion Into Hundreds Of Courses – The Daily Wire
Brown University infused “diversity and inclusion” lessons into hundreds of unrelated courses across nearly 40 departments. In an email to faculty and students, Brown President Christina Paxson claimed that the elite university would have new classes on social justice. Paxson said that the social justice courses — which were introduced in the 2018-19 school year — have reached a majority of the students at Brown.
7. Stanford Officials And Faculty Blame Trump For Mass Shooting In Email To Students – Campus Reform
Administrators and faculty at Stanford University sent an email to students blaming former President Donald Trump for the recent national violence toward Asian-Americans. The email was sent from the Associate Dean of Students and Asian American Activities Center Director and signed by additional deans involved with the Asian American Activities Center and 14 professors from various departments.
6. Michigan State University Teaching Conference Includes Discussions Segregated By Race, With White People Forced To Accept Their ‘White Privilege’ – The Daily Wire
A Michigan State University spring conference on “teaching, learning, and student success” is scheduled to include “woke” breakout sessions and discussions segregated by race. The conference also includes progressively named presentations such as “Crip Methodologies in Feminist Theory as Anti-Racist Pedagogy” and “Trauma Informed Teaching Strategies.”
5. California Teacher Caught Berating Students In Leaked Zoom Over Push For In-Person Learning: ‘Come At Me’ – Fox News
A California teacher berated a white male student for his alleged “white privilege” and threatened parents who questioned her teaching methods, saying, “Come at me!” The video of San Marcos High School teacher Alissa Piro was posted on social media. The teacher admonished a student for asking why there is not a white student union club, arguing that it is racist to have a club limited to racial identity.
4. High School English Teacher Downplays Holocaust – Washington Free Beacon
A North Carolina teacher’s lesson on slavery included a discussion question that implied that Americans gave outsized weight to the Holocaust. “While the monstrosities of the Holocaust may have been more intense over a shorter period of time, those who lived through slavery endured conditions just as horrible over a much longer duration,” the multiple choice answer reads. “Yet while Americans are largely comfortable acknowledging the events of the Holocaust as the worst impulses of mankind, there is often more hesitancy to take responsibility for the degradations of enslaved people that took place on American soil.”
3. Harry Potter-Themed Stanford Dorm Panics Over ‘Transphobic, Anti-Semitic, And Racist’ J.K. Rowling – Stanford Review
A Stanford University staffer issued a statement condemning popular fiction author J.K. Rowling after learning that one of the school’s dormitories was Harry Potter-themed. One dormitory at Stanford chose the theme, “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter,” which prompted a staff member to issue a statement condemning the series’ author for past “transphobic” remarks.
2. ‘Anti-Racist Journey’ Prompts University of Nevada-Reno Lecturer To Apologize For Teaching ‘Jingle Bells,’ ‘Baa Baa Black Sheep’ – Campus Reform
A University of Nevada-Reno music professor announced that she would stop teaching songs such as “Jingle Bells” and “Baa Baa Black Sheep” in the name of “anti-racism.” In the school’s newspaper, the professor said that she “learned what authenticity and appropriateness meant in the mid-2000s” and began to dive into “culturally relevant pedagogy.” The pedagogy prompted her to discover the classic tunes were inappropriate.
1. Exclusive Interview: White Student Accused Of Sending Racist Messages To Black Student, Investigation Dubs It A ‘Hoax’ – The Daily Wire
A Minnesota high school sophomore accused her peer of sending racist messages in what an investigation has since dubbed a “hoax.” Avery Severson, a sophomore at White Bear Lake High School near St. Paul, Minnesota, told The Daily Wire that she was accused by a black peer of sending hateful, racist messages via Instagram direct messages.
Got tips? Email me here: [email protected]
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.